Night Porter - Everglades Hotel
Hastings Hotels is a family owned, luxury hotel group based in Northern Ireland.
We value our people. It's our people who provide the excellent experience we offer to all our guests. When we work together we can do amazing things.
We are seeking a reliable and enthusiastic person to become part of our Hotel Reception Team.
Under the leadership of our Inspiring General Manager, James Toal, you will have the opportunity to work with our friendly team, develop your skills and enjoy the variety offered by a role in hospitality.
Hours are from 11pm-7am
The hourly rate for this role is based on age & ranges from £6.50ph to £9.60ph
We offer a range of benefits including free staff meals, employee discounts, 29 days holiday plus your birthday and opportunities for career progression and development.
We would love you to have a passion and commitment to excellent guest service.
About the role
About the role
To be responsible for the security of guests and the premises of the hotel; ensuring guests needs are met for their greatest enjoyment and for maximum profit contribution to the hotel.
1. To serve and assist guests for the duration of the night.
2. To provide the highest standards of service to guests, ensuring all guests needs and expectations are met.
3. To be knowledgeable about the facilities and services within the hotel and the amenities and attractions in the locality
4. To ensure you are aware of all hotel services and are proactive in the sale of these to guests.
5. To ensure you handle, store and deliver guest luggage to the appropriate destination.
6. To provide a guest car parking valet service.
7. To ensure that customer areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner in accordance with departmental standards.
8. To receive cash payments for food and beverages sold and record food, drinks and goods sold to guests in residence, in accordance with operating procedures.
9. To ensure all equipment and materials are used in correct manner and any problems are reported immediately.
10. To work effectively with colleagues to ensure a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
11. To maintain the security of stock areas at all times, immediately reporting any breaches.
12. To comply with all health, safety, hygiene and licensing policies and procedures.
13. To ensure that guest concerns, complaints and difficulties are dealt with courteously and efficiently, reporting them to the Supervisor/Manager on duty.
14. To ensure all guest enquires are handled efficiently and effectively.
15. Any other duties as required by management.
What you will need
- A right to work within the United Kingdom
- Work well under pressure and be a team player
- Good attention to detail
- Smart well groomed appearance
- Customer care experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Educated to GCSE Standard or the equivalent including English and Maths
- Previous experience of working nights
- Driving licence with no penalty points
Professional skills you’ll need for this job opportunity
Ability to Identify and Anticipate needs
Exceptional Customer Service Skills
Local Knowledge Skills
Exceeding Customer Expectations
Hastings Hotels owns and operates six hotels in Northern Ireland, with over 1,000 bedrooms, two stand-alone grill bar/restaurants and two luxury spas. From city centre buzz to seaside resort, each outlet has a distinctive personality and market positioning. Over 50 years this family owned business has successfully earned its identity and in a crowded market place because we place quality at the heart of what we do. Quality in the design of our properties and their upkeep. Quality in the local sourcing of the food and drink we offer our guests. And quality in our people, people with personality, attention to detail, and a desire to develop their careers with us.
Our guests remember small details. The open fires in the front hall. The supremely comfy beds. The fabulous breakfast... and the interactions they had with our staff. It is more important that you have the correct behaviours and attitude than every last qualification... we can help you attain that. We place great attention on recruitment, induction, and integrating you into your department, your hotel, and the Group. We want you to think about how you want to develop your career with us, and we promise to do what we can to help you on that journey. As a result, we are proud to have some of the best staff retention levels in the hospitality industry.
We offer a range of benefits including free staff meals, cash and credit card tips, employee discounts, 29 days holiday plus your birthday and opportunities for career progression and development.