Terms of service
- These terms (the User Terms) form a binding legal agreement between you and SeeMe Hired Ltd, trading as SeeMe Hired, a private limited company registered in Northern Ireland with registered number NI642569 and registered address at Causeway Tower, 9th Floor, 9 James Street South, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8D (we, us, our) and relate to how you may use our website at www.seemehired.com (Site).
- You’ll be deemed to have accepted the User Terms whenever you visit this Site. That means that if you don’t want to accept the User Terms, you may not use this Site.
- We may change or add additional terms to these User Terms if we alter the existing services we provide, if we add new services to this Site or if we need to for security, regulatory or legal reasons. Where the changes are significant we may also choose to email our registered users with the new details.
- USE OF OUR SITE BY YOU
- We’re always happy to have potential candidates look at the Site. However, we’d like to impose a few ground rules to protect our intellectual property, the operation of the Site and our staff.
- We are not operating the Site as an employment agency. We do not supply candidates to employers. We simply provide the Site as platform to facilitate job seeking and we have no control over the course of any particular application.
- You will not be charged for using the Site.
- You may only use this Site for lawful purposes when seeking employment or help with your career.
- You agree that you won’t at any point:
- access or copy (or attempt to access or copy) any part of the Site by any means other than through the interface provided by us;
- access (or attempt to access) any part of the Site through any automated means, including without limitation use of scripts, robots, spiders, scrapers or web crawlers, for any purpose;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose (in each case in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- copy, duplicate, reproduce, rent, lease, loan, sell, trade, resell, modify, create derivative works, distribute or publicly display any part or component of the Site without prior written consent from us and any third party determined by us as appropriate;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted via the Site;
- bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- attempt to reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise seek to obtain access to any source code, algorithm or other intellectual property right in the Site; and/or
- engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Site, or the servers and networks which are connected to the Site.
- You may not use the Site if you are a recruitment agency (unless we have expressly agreed otherwise with you).
- You acknowledge and agree that we may monitor your use of the Site. Where, in our sole opinion, we suspect misuse of the Site has occurred, we reserve all our rights to take appropriate legal action for any such misuse.
- Whilst we try to ensure that the standard of this Site remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, the internet is not an inherently stable medium, and errors, omissions, interruptions of service and delays may occur at any time. We do not accept any liability arising from any such errors, omissions, interruptions or delays or any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this Site (or any particular part of it) or to provide the service offered on this Site. We may vary the specification of this site from time to time without notice.
- YOUR INFORMATION, AND HOW WE USE IT
- This is how we’ll gather your information:
- when you register as a candidate, we’ll collect employment history from you. This shouldn’t include any information by which you can be identified as an individual. We use this information to submit to potential employers; and
- when you register, we’ll also collect personal information about you. We will only release this type of information to potential employers when you tell us that you’re happy for us to do so.
- You are solely responsible for any information submitted by you to this Site. You are responsible for ensuring that all information supplied by you is true, accurate, up-to-date and not misleading or likely to mislead or deceive and that it is not discriminatory, obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal, unlawful or in breach of any applicable legislation, regulations, guidelines or codes of practice or the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any person in any jurisdiction.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all information, data and files are free of viruses or other routines or engines that may damage or interfere with any system or data prior to being submitted to this Site. We reserve the right to remove any information supplied by you from this Site at our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without being required to give any explanation.
- To the extent that you wish us to share your
information with employers you consent to our sharing
the information you provide to us with the employers who
use this Site. This means that you give us:
- a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence of any rights, including without limitation intellectual property rights, in the information you provide to us on this Site, to share or otherwise use such information as we reasonably require to fulfil the services we provide on this Site; and
- the right to grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide sub-licence of any rights, including without limitation intellectual property rights, in your information you provide to us on this Site, to employers for their recruitment related activities.
- Vacancies are advertised on this Site by employers. We are not responsible for the content of adverts or the conduct of the employer employers using this Site, and/or any third party content. That means that we are not liable to you for any decision you may make about any employer referred to on the Site. You agree this is reasonable, since we are only providing a technology platform to you – and we’re providing it to you for no fee.
- Where this Site contains links to other sites and resources which are provided by third parties, these links and resources are provided for your information only and you access them at your own risk. We are not liable or responsible for the content of third party sites or resources.
- Applications and any accompanying attachments are assessed by the employer and all decisions relating to applications are taken by the employer and not by us. That means that we are not liable for any decision taken in relation to you by any employer in any circumstance, and you agree that this is reasonable.
- This is how we’ll gather your information:
- KEEPING YOURSELF SAFE AS A JOBSEEKER
- Jobseekers are an increasingly common target for online fraudsters. Further information on some of the potential risks for you as a jobseeker may be found at https://www.safer-jobs.com.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- This is where we tell you that we, or our licensors,
own all of the intellectual property on the Site, and
that while you can look at it, unfortunately you can’t
copy it (unless the law allows.) Accordingly:
- in consideration of the fulfilment by you of the obligations imposed on you by these User Terms we grant you a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable non-sub licensable licence for the duration of the agreement created by these User Terms to use the Site solely and strictly for your own use;
- all intellectual property rights subsisting in or used in connection with the Site are and shall remain the sole property of us and our licensors. All present and future rights in and title to the Site, including without limitation the right to grant access to it over any present or future technology, are solely and exclusively reserved to us;
- Seemehired is our unregistered trademark, and in time we may have it registered as a trademark. Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with us, nothing in the User Terms gives you a right to use any of our or our licensors’ trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including without limitation copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Site;
- the Site may include components which are licensed to us by third parties (any such, a Third Party Licensor). To the extent that the terms of any such license impose any obligation on you which is in addition to any obligation imposed on you by these User Terms (Third Party Licensor Obligation) you undertake fully to comply with and fulfil all requirements of any such Third Party Licensor Obligation.
- This is where we tell you that we, or our licensors, own all of the intellectual property on the Site, and that while you can look at it, unfortunately you can’t copy it (unless the law allows.) Accordingly:
- Quite simply, we can close down the Site at any time. If we do so, we will provide you a copy of data from your account.
- There are a number of ways in which you can limit, and ultimately terminate, access to your account. You can close access to your personal information by selecting the setting which indicates that you’re not currently looking for opportunities. This will prevent you receiving job vacancy notifications. Alternatively, you can close down your profile entirely.
- We reserve the right to retain, maintain, archive, protect, use, or store limited data derived from your use of the Site. This will be aggregated data and will not contain personal data relating to or identifying you. We will use the limited data we retain (such as your candidate reference number) for our own purposes. These will include compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, including without limitation the provision to third parties of employment demographic and statistical information.
- This is an important bit. There are various ways in which we might collect information from you – you can learn about what information we collect from you, how we use it and what your rights are in relation to our use of your personal data here.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- This section is also important – it explains how and why we exclude liability for your use of this Site. We think that this is reasonable because we’re not asking you to pay anything – access to this Site is free. So it’s extremely important that you understand before you commence use of the Site that, since we’re giving you free access to the Site, we’re excluding our liability to you as far as the law allows.
- To be clear about what this exclusion of liability
means in detail:
- first off, nothing in these User Terms, including without limitation this clause 8, shall exclude or limit any warranty or liability which applicable law says may not be excluded or limited, including without limitation liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- next, there are no conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, express, statutory or implied, (including without limitation statutory warranties and conditions of user enjoyment, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement)that are binding on us except any which we’ve specifically stated in these User Terms. Any condition, warranty, representation or other term concerning the supply of the Site which might otherwise be implied into or incorporated in these User Terms, or any collateral contract, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, is hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- you expressly understand and so agree that your use of the Site is at your sole risk and that the Site is provided on an "as is" basis;
- in particular, we, our subsidiaries and affiliates,
and our licensors, do not represent or warrant to
- 126.96.36.199.your use of the Site (including without limitation its use in conjunction with any other software) will meet your requirements, that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error or that defects in the operation or functionality of the Site provided to you will be corrected; and
- 188.8.131.52.any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the Site will be accurate or reliable; and
- 184.108.40.206.that the Site will be accessible at any particular time; and
- 220.127.116.11.that defects in the operation or functionality of the Site will be corrected, rectified, or remedied;
- you expressly understand and agree that we and our
licensors shall not be liable to you for:
- 18.104.22.168.any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage which may arise in respect of the Site and/or its use or non-availability;
- 22.214.171.124.any act or omission of any third party, including without limitation our third party contractors and also including without limitation any act or omission of any employer using the Site;
- 126.96.36.199.loss or corruption of data or information. The Site is not a back-up service: you should always maintain a separate copy of key information you use or access on the Site;
- 188.8.131.52.loss of opportunity or loss of contract or other losses which you may incur as a result of use of or reliance upon any content; and
- 184.108.40.206.any effect which use of the Site may have on any software you use.
- Finally, you agree and acknowledge that you are in a better position than us to foresee and evaluate any potential damage or loss which you may suffer in connection with the use of the Site; that we cannot adequately insure our potential liability to you; and that accordingly the exclusions and limitations contained in this clause 8 are reasonable.
- If any part or provision of this Acceptable Use Policy is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision. You also undertake at all times to mitigate any such damage or loss.
- You agree that:
- you shall not assign, transfer or sub-license any of your rights or obligations under these User Terms;
- failure or neglect by us to enforce any of the provisions of these User Terms at any time shall not be construed or deemed to be a waiver of our rights - nor shall this in any way affect the validity of the whole or any part of these User Terms, nor prejudice our rights to take subsequent action;
- if any part of any provision of these User Terms shall be or become invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, then the remainder of such provision and all other provisions of these User Terms shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law; and
- these User Terms represent the entire agreement of you and us in relation to the subject matter of these User Terms and supersedes any previous agreement between you and us in relation to the Site.
- You agree that:
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These User Terms shall be construed in accordance with Northern Irish law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts.
- We welcome questions about the way our Site works. You can either get in touch with us via the Contact page on our Site, or (if you have a question about these User Terms) you can contact us at email@example.com .