To be responsible for the supervision of the Bars for the greatest enjoyment of the guests and maximum profit contribution to the hotel.
About the role
- To take responsibility for the effective supervision of the team, to ensure the efficient operation of the bars and the delivery of Hastings product and service standards.
- To ensure bar stocks are fully maintained and that goods and products are properly displayed to a high standard.
- To prepare and dispense drinks as requested by guests, maintaining high standards of presentation
- To ensure the team are knowledgeable about the facilities and services within the hotel and are proactive in the sale of these to guests.
- To ensure you and the team assist guests with any reasonable request for hotel services.
- To ensure you and the team respond to complaints and find the appropriate solution.
- To ensure that the bar, guest areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and tidy manner in accordance with Hastings standards.
- To receive payments for beverages sold and record drinks and goods sold to guests in residence, in accordance with operating procedures.
- To use equipment and bar pumps efficiently, to maintain proper measures and ensure minimum wastage.
- To promote and contribute to a harmonious working environment where all staff are treated with respect and dignity.
- To maintain the security of stock areas at all times, immediately reporting any breaches.
- To ensure Hastings quality standards and procedures are fully understood, implemented and regularly reviewed, and that formal and informal feedback is used to ensure continual improvement.
- To ensure company policies relating to cash handling, stock control and stock ordering are implemented and monitored, taking appropriate action to resolve problems.
- To ensure the team receive appropriate training, coaching and development to provide effective and efficient service in line with Hastings standards.
- To comply with all health, safety, hygiene and licensing policies and procedures.
- To maintain effective communication and relationships with other hotel departments, suppliers and agencies to maintain an effective operation and ensure guest satisfaction.
- To ensure the bar area, fixtures and equipment are properly maintained and presented to Hastings standards.
- To ensure a safe environment is maintained in compliance with health, safety, fire, hygiene and security legislation and company policies and procedures.
- To seek and continuously develop knowledge relating to the industry sector and competitor activity, to provide input into future plans and activities, and so maintain and enhance market position.
- To ensure the hotel's compliance with all matters relating to licensing laws, Customs and Excise Regulations and all other relevant legislation.
- Any other duties as required by Management.
What you will need
- Good Command of English Language
- Right to Work in the United Kingdom
Professional skills you’ll need for this job opportunity
Hastings Hotels owns and operates six hotels in Northern Ireland, with over 1,000 bedrooms, two stand-alone grill bar/restaurants and two luxury spas. From city centre buzz to seaside resort, each outlet has a distinctive personality and market positioning. Over 50 years this family owned business has successfully earned its identity and in a crowded market place because we place quality at the heart of what we do. Quality in the design of our properties and their upkeep. Quality in the local sourcing of the food and drink we offer our guests. And quality in our people, people with personality, attention to detail, and a desire to develop their careers with us.
Our guests remember small details. The open fires in the front hall. The supremely comfy beds. The fabulous breakfast... and the interactions they had with our staff. It is more important that you have the correct behaviours and attitude than every last qualification... we can help you attain that. We place great attention on recruitment, induction, and integrating you into your department, your hotel, and the Group. We want you to think about how you want to develop your career with us, and we promise to do what we can to help you on that journey. As a result, we are proud to have some of the best staff retention levels in the hospitality industry.
We offer a range of benefits including free staff meals, cash and credit card tips, employee discounts, 29 days holiday plus your birthday and opportunities for career progression and development.