Chef de Partie
Head Chef / Sous Chef
The Chef de Partie will work under the Head Chef & Sous Chefs to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the hotel kitchens, ensuring maximum profitability, exceptional customer service and exceptional culinary standards at all times.
This role will require close collaboration with the Head Chef, Sous Chef and General Manager to ensure that the highest standard of customer service and culinary standards are achieved at all times.
About the role
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes within the speciality section
- Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
- Preparing meat and fish
- Assisting with the management of health and safety
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices
- Managing and training any Commis Chefs
- Monitoring portion and waste control
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards
What you will need
- Previous Experience Gained at a Similar Level within a High Quality Catering Operation
- NVQ Level 2 or the Equivalent in Food Preparation and Cooking
- Recognised Current Food Hygiene Certificate
- Flexibility to Work Various Shifts including Evenings and Weekends when Required
Professional skills you’ll need for this job opportunity
Food Service Skills
Gallen Hotel Group
A family-run hotel group owned and managed by the Gallen Family.
The Gallen Hospitality group is comprised of three 4-star, family-run hotels located in Ballybofey and Gweedore, Co Donegal. Owned by the Gallen family, the Villa Rose Hotel was established in the year 2000 and is comprised of 57 bedrooms, state of the art spa facility and has been consistently named Ireland’s top hotels in the Tripadvisor Traveller’s choice awards. In 2016, the Gallen family added Jackson’s Hotel to their offering. With 135 bedrooms, a leisure centre and extensive conference & banqueting facilities the hotel is one of the largest in the region. In 2021, the family acquired An Chúirt Hotel in Gweedores 66 bedrooms & a health club. An Chúirt is nestled in the beautiful Donegal countryside with the iconic Errigal Mountain as it's backdrop.
At Gallen Hospitality our culture centers around our people and we focus on their well-being, safety and equality. With over 300 employees, we are a principal hospitality employer in the County. When we take care of our staff, our staff take care of our guests. WELL-BEING We believe the role we can play in our employees well-being is one of the most important responsibilities we have as employers. EQUALITY We operate an Equal Opportunities Policy. We are proud of how often employees are promoted within the Group. SAFETY We have implemented the Failte Ireland Covid 19 Safety charter, operated at the highest level to ensure the safety of our employees.
We pride ourselves on creating a positive working environment for all our employees, with employee wellbeing, autonomy and supportive management at the core of everything we do.