Altogether Care is a family run business with over 30 years experience in the care industry.
Our thriving care sector business is looking for an enterprising and knowledgeable Commercial Manager, who is able to identify and seize strategic opportunities to enable our business to surge forward, increase its business footprint and add new lines of service.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the care sector, know the Local Authority commissioning landscape, be able to demonstrate a successful track record in contract management and writing winning tender bids and exhibit actions or qualities that please consumers and colleagues with whom the brand interacts.
About the role
The functions this position will perform on a regular basis within the company are as follows:
1. Analyse sales, marketing and other reports to gain insight into how to improve performance and maximise growth
2. Identify opportunities to expand the business and its services
3. Develop accurate and consistent winning tender bids with the help of designated departmental bid contributors.
4. Contract negotiations and service planning
5. Maintain sustainable and productive working relationships with Local Authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups and private service users
6. Assess risks involved with new initiatives, ensure deadlines are met and be ready to handle the unexpected
Other related duties and responsibilities of the position are:
· Develop and execute a strategic business plan that includes a bidding masterplan that meets or exceeds targets set by the Board.
· Monitoring new contract opportunities advising on new areas for approval of submitting a tender bid and winning new contracts.
· Growing the business in both private and public market segments by identify new business opportunities, before others.
· Effectively manage large scale, complex contracts negotiations forward planning around other company commitments and other key members’ commitments including A/L.
· Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new contracts.
· Collaborate with professional services and other support teams to ensure successful implementations / on boarding to the company.
· Answering LA and CCG’s enquiry’s about new services, prices and timescales (short contracts)
· Expanding the services in all Care at Home branches to offer the range of ‘Connect Services’
· Follow up on new business opportunities and set up meetings.
· Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations.
· Communicating new service developments to prospective clients.
· Attend conferences and professional association meetings.
· Coordinating sales efforts with marketing strategies.
· Providing monthly updates, including new markets, trends and growth areas.
· Maintaining a contracts/tender document archive and associated data retrieval system.
· Ensure the veracity of ISO policy documents regularly used in support of tender bids.
· Liaise with and as necessary cajole departmental bid contributors and maintain a strict eye for accuracy, relevancy and detail.
What you will need
- Are you legally allowed to work in the UK?
- Previous experience in preparing tender bids
- Deep understanding of the care sector
- Experience in preparing and presenting powerful, persuasive sales presentations
- Experience in analysing sales, marketing and other reports to gain insight into how to improve performance
- Full Uk Drivers License
Professional skills you’ll need for this job opportunity
Developing Strategic Alliances
Ability to Identify and Anticipate needs
Negotiating Skills/Closing techniques
A Better Life
Altogether Care is a family-owned and operated business, rooted in the Dorset and South Somerset community for over 30 years. We see our clients as an extended family. So we work hard to understand the ‘real you’ and put your wellbeing, quality of life and independence at the centre of everything we do. Our aim is to help you live as independently as possible with the peace of mind that professional care and support is always there when you need it.
We recognise that the most important people after our clients, are our front line care providers who support them. With care providers employed across our care services throughout the South West, we know that they are the key to our success, and the core of our business. In addition to our care providers, our founders and the management team all work closely together, and all of whom have multiple years’ experience within the care sector.
We are always looking to expand our team who are passionate about what they do. Available roles include care and support workers, registered nurses, administrators, and chefs. Whatever your vocation, we would love to welcome you to the Altogether Care family!
Vacation/Paid time off
Retirement plan and/or pension
Employee development programs
Blue light card
A Better Life