Assistant Conference & Banqueting Manager
We have an exciting opportunity at The Culloden Hotel & Spa.
To assist with the management of the Conference and Banqueting department to ensure the greatest enjoyment of the guests and maximum profit contribution to the hotel.
About the role
- To manage and motivate staff through effective communication, training and development, in accordance with company policies and relevant employment legislation, ensuring HR procedures are followed.
- To provide the highest standards of service to guests, ensuring all guests needs and expectations are met.
- To set up function and meeting rooms in accordance with guest requirements as required.
- To ensure that function rooms and customer areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner in accordance with departmental standards, when required.
- To ensure the team are knowledgeable about the facilities and services within the hotel and are proactive in the sale of these to guests.
- To ensure you and the team assist guests with any reasonable request for hotel services.
- To ensure any complaints and difficulties are dealt with courteously and in an efficient manner
- To promote and contribute to a harmonious working environment where all staff are treated with respect and dignity.
- To assist when required with preparation of annual budgets, putting in place appropriate mechanisms to effectively manage costs and all factors relating to profitable performance of the restaurant/bar/lounge/banqueting function, ensuring appropriate plans are created, agreed, communicated, implemented and reviewed.
- To ensure quality standards and procedures are fully understood, implemented and regularly reviewed, and that formal and informal feedback is used to ensure continual improvement.
- To ensure company policies relating to cash handling, stock control and stock ordering are implemented and monitored, taking appropriate action to resolve problems.
- To assist with ensuring all conference and banqueting staff receive the appropriate training, coaching and development to provide effective and efficient service in line with company standards.
- To maintain effective communication and relationships with other hotel departments, suppliers and enforcement agencies to maintain an effective operation and ensure guest satisfaction.
- To ensure the hotels banqueting areas, fixtures and equipment are properly maintained and presented, with the highest standards of cleanliness and housekeeping.
- To ensure a safe environment is maintained in compliance with health, safety, fire, hygiene and security legislation and Company policy and procedures.
- To seek and continuously develop knowledge relating to the industry sector and competitor activity, to provide input into future plans and activities, and so maintain and enhance market position.
- To assist with the recruitment, selection and utilisation of banqueting staff to achieve the optimum use of staff resource in line with business peaks and troughs.
- To contribute to the development of the hotel business plan, projects and initiatives to continually develop the hotel business and market position.
- To ensure the Hotel’s compliance with all matters relating to the licensing laws, Customs and Excise Regulations and all other relevant legislation.
- To carry out Duty Manager duties if required.
- Any other duties as required by management.
What you will need
- Right to Work in the United Kingdom
- Good Command of English Language
- Must have strong supervisory conference and banqueting experience.
- Must have experience of cash handling, stock control, stock ordering and budgeting
- Must have excellent communication and customer care skills.
- Must be educated to GCSE standard with grades A-C in English and Maths
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Previous management experience in a similar role
- Educated to third level standard.
Professional skills you’ll need for this job opportunity
Exceptional Customer Service Skills
Our vision is to be recognised as a prestigious, family company providing the finest in Irish hospitality with style and excellence.
Hastings Hotels owns and operates six hotels in Northern Ireland, with over 1,000 bedrooms, two stand-alone grill bar/restaurants and two luxury spas. From city centre buzz to seaside resort, each outlet has a distinctive personality and market positioning. Over 50 years this family owned business has successfully earned its identity and in a crowded market place because we place quality at the heart of what we do. Quality in the design of our properties and their upkeep. Quality in the local sourcing of the food and drink we offer our guests. And quality in our people, people with personality, attention to detail, and a desire to develop their careers with us.
Our guests remember small details. The open fires in the front hall. The supremely comfy beds. The fabulous breakfast... and the interactions they had with our staff. It is more important that you have the correct behaviours and attitude than every last qualification... we can help you attain that. We place great attention on recruitment, induction, and integrating you into your department, your hotel, and the Group. We want you to think about how you want to develop your career with us, and we promise to do what we can to help you on that journey. As a result, we are proud to have some of the best staff retention levels in the hospitality industry.