We have an exciting opportunity in The Ballygally Castle Hotel.
To ensure that all areas of the Housekeeping function are cleaned and maintained for the greatest enjoyment of the guests and maximum resource efficiency for the hotel.
About the role
- To clean and service bedroom, public and ancillary areas in accordance with Hastings standards and procedures.
- To report any defects in the fixtures and fittings within the designated area.
- To ensure all equipment and materials are used in correct manner and any problems are reported immediately.
- To work effectively with colleagues to ensure a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- To be knowledgeable about the facilities and services within the hotel and be proactive in the sale of these guests
- To assist guests with any reasonable request for hotel services.
- To ensure all guest enquiries are handled efficiently and effectively
- To ensure that guest concerns, complaints and difficulties are dealt with courteously and efficiently, reporting them to the Supervisor/Manager on duty.
- To maintain the security of bedrooms and stock at all times, immediately reporting any breaches and dealing with lost property in accordance with company procedures.
- To comply with all health, safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as required by management.
What you will need
- Right to Work in the United Kingdom
- Good Command of English Language
- Must have good communication skills and a clean and tidy appearance.
- Must be educated to GCSE standard or the equivalent with grades A-C in English and Maths.
- Previous cleaning experience
Professional skills you’ll need for this job opportunity
Exceptional Customer Service Skills
General Housekeeping Skills
Public Area Cleaning Skills
Bedroom Cleaning Skills
Our vision is to be recognised as a prestigious, family company providing the finest in Irish hospitality with style and excellence.
Hastings Hotels owns and operates six hotels in Northern Ireland, with over 1,000 bedrooms, two stand-alone grill bar/restaurants and two luxury spas. From city centre buzz to seaside resort, each outlet has a distinctive personality and market positioning. Over 50 years this family owned business has successfully earned its identity and in a crowded market place because we place quality at the heart of what we do. Quality in the design of our properties and their upkeep. Quality in the local sourcing of the food and drink we offer our guests. And quality in our people, people with personality, attention to detail, and a desire to develop their careers with us.
Our guests remember small details. The open fires in the front hall. The supremely comfy beds. The fabulous breakfast... and the interactions they had with our staff. It is more important that you have the correct behaviours and attitude than every last qualification... we can help you attain that. We place great attention on recruitment, induction, and integrating you into your department, your hotel, and the Group. We want you to think about how you want to develop your career with us, and we promise to do what we can to help you on that journey. As a result, we are proud to have some of the best staff retention levels in the hospitality industry.