Clean Down Operative (Night Shift)
Since our establishment more than 60 years ago at AG we have sought to provide opportunities for our team to build careers – rather than just hold down a job.
Our people matter to us. We care about their well-being and we want to see them become the very best they can be.
We are now recruiting for a Clean Down Operative to join our growing team, required to undertake general clean down operative duties within the factories as required, in a safe and efficient manner.
Hours of Work: 11:00pm – 6.00am Monday to Friday.
We offer an attractive hourly rate of pay. An additional shift allowance premium is also paid for shift.
About the role
1. The clean down of production plant and area’s in a safe manner
2. Operation of computer-controlled machine panels during the clean down process
3. Regular inspection of plant during clean down process highlighting potential issues
4. Oiling / greasing the required areas of the machines
5. Putting the machines together ready for production to begin on the next shift
6. Operation of Mobile plant as required in a safe manner
7. Daily housekeeping
8. Adhering to all Company Health and Safety polices at all times, wearing the correct company PPE while working in the plant and yard, taking responsibility for your own safety and that of work colleagues
9. Operating the machinery in a safe working manner in conjunction with pre-defined permit to work systems/Risk Assessments and Method statements
10. Providing production support, again as required, to other factories/departments
11. Any other duties assigned by supervisors/managers commensurate with the role
The above list is not exhaustive but aims to provide a broad range of key accountabilities of the post.
What you will need
- Medically fit to undertake the physical requirements of the job.
- Previous experience of production / manufacturing.
- Mobile plant experience
- Industrial cleaning experience
AG Paving and Building Products
Established 60 years ago as Acheson & Glover Limited, and now known as AG, the company is a renowned and respected designer, developer, manufacturer and distributor of best in class walling, paving and facing brick for the commercial and domestic markets across the UK and Ireland. In Britain our products are sold through Builders Merchants, whilst in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland we sell through our own wholly-owned outlets as well as a number of other carefully chosen retail partners and Builders Merchants.
Since our establishment more than 60 years ago as Acheson & Glover Limited, we have sought to provide opportunities for our team to build careers – rather than just hold down a job. Our people matter to us. We care about their wellbeing (their Health and Safety) and we want to see them become the very best they can be. We are delighted that many of our employees have been with us for considerable periods and, as a result of their commitment and our support, many have moved through the ranks to management level and beyond.
We provide tailored personal development plans and hands-on support from experienced mentors to ensure our team members can flourish in whatever part of the business they are employed. Within modern day construction there are fantastic opportunities for those with backgrounds in technology, engineering, marketing and sales as well as traditional manufacturing skills.