To assist in the overall production and dispatch of customer orders and to adhere to health and safety regulations and procedures always.
About the role
- Work as part of a fast-moving team to unpack and organise all stock with accuracy.
- Complete all orders to the highest standard
- Unload deliveries and maintain stock accuracy.
- Work with wholesale team and prepare wholesale orders ready for delivery.
- To accurately pick and scan orders using the RF guns.
- To minimise missed sales and losses to the company through accurate picking
- To work efficiently as part of a team
- To keep work area clean and tidy, being responsible for the general maintenance of warehouse floor
- To be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work
- To build and pack out pick location to ensure adequate supply of products in pick location.
- Communicate any stock issues with the Stock Department ensuring they are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Ensure procedures and team targets are achieved
- Report any areas of concern to the Warehouse Manager.
- Continually improve stock operations by recommending measures to improve quality of service and efficiency.
- Maintain a safe working environment that complies with all aspects of the company’s H&S Policy
- To act as an ambassador for Savage & Whitten and behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times
What you will need
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English Hold or have held in the last 3 years a Forklift License
- Experience working within Warehouse environment.
- Experience operating a forklift in a busy warehouse environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Undertake training
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Physical and manual dexterity
- NVQ in Warehouse Management
- Experience of using voice picking units
Professional skills you’ll need for this job opportunity
Backhoe and other construction equipment operation
A Whole Lot More!
Based conveniently in Newry, S&W has a unique access point to key markets in NI and ROI. Their history dates back to 1916 with Newry Cash & Carry, before merging with J&E Whitten in 2000 to become Savage and Whitten (S&W) as they are known today. Today, S&W is a top 100 NI business and one of the largest independent wholesalers on the island of Ireland, servicing over 2,000 customers. The growth of their business is down to the ability to service both independent and symbol retailers, as well as the growth of the symbol brands it owns and operates.
Going above and beyond for customers is the key factor in what has made S&W successful and a key part of how the business plans to offer 'A Whole Lot More' going forward as it introduces a new look and feel for the business. Summing up the refreshed brand direction. Managing Director, Michael Skelton: "For us, A Whole Lot More is what we promise our customers. It's what we offer and the service that underpins that - we believe it's important to offer the product but just as important is the service, so our customers can easily order what they need and know they'll get it from us when they need it."
Everyone at S&W is encouraged to bring their best selves to work, and given the resources and opportunity to realise their own personal success. We offer our employees #awholelotmoresupport, to ensure you develop and grow with us.
Vacation/Paid Time Off
Paid Sick Days
Retirement Plan and/or Pension
Gym Membership or Wellness Programs
A Whole Lot More!